- Coffee versus Classical Music: Which is Better for You?
Coffee Benefits and Classical Music Benefits Compared: Which Is Better for Your Health?
Link to thecoffeebump.com, February 27, 2013.
- Classical music will endure as a niche radio market, says Midge Woolsey, exiting WQXR
She was a host at the New York station for 20 years.
Link to the New York Daily News, February 2, 2013.
- Classical musicians at extreme risk for hearing loss
Is wearing hearing protection the answer?
However, musicians find it difficult to perform and hear the others playing when using hearing protection.
Link to the HearingAidDocs Blog, November 3, 2010.
- Hearing Loops Give Music Back to Composer Who Went Deaf in a Day
Three years ago Richard Einhorn, an orchestra composer who reveled in the symphony and Broadway performances,went deaf – overnight.
Link to abcnews.go.com, October 7, 2013.
- 10 Interesting Stories Behind Classical Compositions
Here is a list of 10 fascinating stories behind either the composition or first performances of some of the most well-known pieces in the classical repertoire.
Link to listverse.com, October 3, 2010.
- Top Five Comeback Stories in Classical Music
Here are five comeback stories of musicians who returned from seemingly career-ending maladies to the stage.
Link to wqxr.com, June 1, 2013.
- If Abraham Lincoln Had An iPod
The Lincoln iPod would have needed a lot of memory, as the president apparently enjoyed all sorts of music and loved opera.
Link to npr.org, February 16, 2009.
- 5 Reasons To Start Loving Classical Music
No doubt there’s much wrong with classical music. Namely, it can be stuffy, pretentious, unnecessarily formal… And yet, there is still so much that can be taken from classical music.
Link to thoughtcatalog.com, September 9, 2013.
- Top Five Cookbooks For Classical Music Fans
Appetites among certain composers and musicians are legendary, and dishes bearing their names—Tournedos Rossini, Chicken Tetrazzini, and Peach Melba, for example—are proof.
Link to wqxr.com, August 15, 2013.
- Diners 'spend more with classical music'
Scientists have discovered that classical music makes restaurant diners feel more affluent and encourages them to spend more money.
Link to MailOnline.com, October 10, 2013.
- Classical Music about the Moon
The next time you gaze up at the full moon at night, enhance that experience with the music of these five classical "Moon" pieces. This article also has YouTube video clips of each.
Link to lastroseofsummer2.hubpages.com, March 14, 2013.
- Studying The Science Behind Child Prodigies
It's not clear whether a prodigy's brain is any different from the brain of other children...
Link to npr.org, October 3, 2013.